Tuesday 20 June – 9:00-12:00 - Room 713AB
Objectives: To lead public opinion to recognize the role and importance of women in family development.
Abstract: In Africa, there is a proverb which says: « The rooster cannot raise a chick ». Behind this statement is hidden the importance and vital role of women in the family. Issues relating to family health and development are their major concern and they make them their top priority. How can we further enhance the presence of women in the family? How can we help them contribute to the good health of all members of the family?
Target audience: Public at large
- Dr Meskerem Bekele Grunitzky, Former Regional Director for UN AIDS AOC
- Professor Habiba Bouhamed Chaabouni, Director of the Research Laboratory in Human Genetics at the Faculty of Medicine of Tunis.
- Odounlami Laurence, President of the Association of Midwives of Benin
- North America
- Marie Hatem, Associate Professor - Dep. Social Medicine and University of Montreal préventivechez
- Dr. Rolande Hodel , Founder President of AIDS FREE AFRICA
- Maude Heurtelou, senior public health nutritionist, educator and author
- Gerard Charpentier, psychoanalyst and sociologist / author and lecturer
- Fatimatou Ndiaye, President of the APEF (Association for the full family)